1. Founded on May 24, 1993, in Norwalk, Connecticut. SDG's first "remote office" was the spare bedroom in Ajay Gupta's townhouse in Norwalk.
2. SDG was founded to be an advisory and consulting firm to CXOs on technology strategy, planning and implementation. We helped to identify technology solutions, development methodologies and products that would help achieve strategy goals and led large, complex, enterprise-wide deployments to successful completion while ensuring quality.
3. In 1997, SDG moved into its first commercial office space in Norwalk, and expanded its services to include infrastructure and network optimization and distributed computing using DCE (OSF) and Encina from IBM/Transarc.
4. In 1998, SDG’s Technology Center in India is formed with headquarters in Noida, India. With the rapid adoption of the internet, SDG developed expertise in messaging, directories, and security protocols.
5. SDG expanded to include clients in Europe, the Far East, South America, and India in addition to the US.
6. SDG signed strategic alliance with Epicentric and continued relationship after Epicentric’s acquisition by Vignette.